Bob Williams is a seasoned trial attorney with three decades’ experience representing global, national and regional companies in complex, high-stakes actions. He has substantial experience with a wide range of matters, including product liability, insurance coverage, claims handling and bad faith, construction, torts, property tax appeals, real estate and commercial litigation. Bob rejects a “one size fits all” approach to disputes, instead adapting to the needs of each client and case to achieve a wide spectrum of objectives in an efficient and economical manner.
Bob is an aircraft owner and active private pilot, with an instrument rating and endorsements for high-performance and complex aircraft. He applies his practical and legal knowledge to the representation of virtually every type of aviation industry participant, including aircraft and component manufacturers, airports, air carriers and other commercial operators, repair stations, fixed base operators, pilots, flight instructors, mechanics and insurers. Bob serves the industry as General Counsel to the Aviation Insurance Association and as a Vice-chair of the Aviation and Space Law General Committee of the American Bar Association. He is a former Chair of the DRI Aviation Law Committee.
- Legal 500 – recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” with “‘in-depth knowledge of product liability claims and the aviation sector’ coupled with ‘the ability to rapidly and strategically respond to procedural differences in various jurisdictions.’”
- Martindale-Hubbell – AV Preeminent®
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer “Rising Star” and subsequently, Pennsylvania Super Lawyer for Litigation, Aviation and Aerospace
- Named a “Lawyer on the Fast Track” by Law & Politics magazine
- Listed as a Leading Aviation Attorney by Aviation Expert Guides
- Who’s Who Legal: Transport
- JD Supra Readers’ Choice Award
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Pro Bono Award
Community & Pro Bono
Bob serves his country and community in the United States Air Force Auxiliary – Civil Air Patrol as the Pennsylvania Wing Assistant Legal Officer, Golden Triangle Composite Squadron Commander, Transport Mission Pilot, and Cadet Orientation Pilot. He also is a volunteer pilot for Veterans Airlift Command and Pilots-N-Paws.
When not in the air or in uniform, Bob represents veterans on a pro bono basis as part of the Veterans Claims Administration Network of the American Bar Association. He also is a certified Starter and Stroke & Turn Official for USA Swimming.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A.
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Honorable Thomas N. O’Neill, Jr., U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania