Richard Lazenby founded the law firm VICTOR RANE in 2018, after nearly 20 years (10 as a partner and shareholder) at a national law firm. Richard is a first-chair trial lawyer with significant litigation, jury trial, bench trial, and arbitration experience. He also has significant experience representing clients in alternative forms of dispute resolution.
His clients range from high-net-worth and high-profile individuals to Fortune 100 companies, in matters involving business counseling and negotiations, pre-litigation dispute resolution, litigation and trial.
Richard has been recognized as a leading attorney domestically and internationally, including:
- International Who’s Who of Aviation Lawyers
- Who’s Who Legal: Transport
- Legal 500 – “highly recommend”
- Southern California Super Lawyer “Rising Star” and subsequently Southern California Super Lawyer
- Featured on the cover of Super Lawyers magazine – 2008
Richard’s practice and experience includes various tort and business matters including: personal injury/wrongful death, employment, aviation, product liability, commercial and consumer litigation, fraud, civil rights, sexual assault and other intentional tort claims, property damage, and breach of contract. He also has extensive experience handling various civil liability claims arising from criminal conduct, and assisting clients with cooperating in criminal investigations and responding to criminal subpoenas.
Richard is recognized for his work as a member of the trial team in several high-profile, complex, federal and state court lawsuits. He also has significant experience navigating the public relations challenges that accompany disputes and litigation with collateral media attention.
Richard has published several works and is a frequent speaker at conferences and seminars.
- Syracuse University College of Law – Juris Doctorate
- Stockton University – Bachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice
- California State Bar
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit