Lee’s practice focuses on aviation and product liability matters. He is a trusted advisor on matters involving general aviation, military aviation, airlines, and airport operations including ground support equipment.
Lee is a pilot who harnesses his extensive worldwide flight experience on behalf of clients. He has flown over 90 combat missions in the United States Air Force, and continues to serve as an Air Force Reserve Instructor Pilot on the C-17 Globemaster III, having obtained the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Aviation Law Committee member and co-editor of aviation publications
- Recipient of the DRI Veterans Meritorious Service Award, 2023
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America Ones to Watch for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2023-24
- Selected as one of Pennsylvania’s “Lawyers on the Fast Track” by The Legal Intelligencer, 2022*
- JDSupra Readers’ Choice Award Winner, 2017-2018
- Named to “Super Lawyers Rising Stars,” 2019-2023
- Named as a “Rising Star” by Legal 500, 2022
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch for Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2023
- Obtained defense verdict in Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas on behalf of major aircraft refueling equipment manufacturer in case involving design defect claims.
- Obtained binding arbitration decision in favor of major airline in case arising from injuries to passenger allegedly sustained during aircraft boarding.
- Obtained forum non conveniens dismissal on behalf of major engine manufacturer in crash occurring in Ontario, Canada.
- Briefed and argued numerous successful motions for dismissal on grounds of lack of personal jurisdiction in cases involving foreign defendants.
- Defended a major aircraft manufacturer in a fatal twin turbo-propeller crash.
- Defended relay manufacturer in Pilatus PC-12 crash.
- Defended major engine manufacturer in fatal Apache helicopter accident.
- Defended solar energy company in a suit arising from the crash of a reconnaissance aircraft over a solar construction site.
- Assisting in defense of major airline in a suit arising from alleged injuries suffered during takeoff.
- Defended of dry lessee in 2014 G-IV crash at Hanscom Field, MA.
- Defended major airline in cases arising from alleged injuries sustained during severe turbulence encounter.
- Defended major military powerplant supplier in cases arising from helicopter crashes.
- Defended warbird operator in fatal crash.
- Defended major electrical product manufacturer in case arising from house fire.
- Obtained summary judgment in Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas in case involving a dog bite on corporate client’s property.
- Defended developer in contract dispute with purchaser of condominium.
- Represented several major corporate trustee institutions in disputes with trust beneficiaries.
Community & Pro Bono
- Mr. Schmeer has served on the board of a Philadelphia-based veterans service organization and on the advisory committee of an organization dedicated to fostering an interest in serving on non-profit boards of directors.
- Represented and tried case on behalf of Philadelphia prison inmate in section 1983 case in Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Represented artist in contract dispute on behalf of Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts.
- Represented retired Navy veteran in property damage dispute against Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- Certified by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs to represent veterans in claims disputes with the VA.
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A., with honors
- New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania