Brittany is Senior Counsel in the Philadelphia and New Jersey offices of Victor Rane. Brittany focuses her practice on aviation-related litigation and commercial matters. Brittany is a member of the International Aviation Women’s Association, where she serves on their Government & Law for the Americas and Finance & Insurance Committees. She is also on the planning committee for the American Bar Association Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section: Aviation Litigation Conference in Washington, D.C.
Brittany handles a wide array of commercial, product liability, and personal injury aviation litigation in state and federal courts throughout the United States on behalf of airlines, airports, insurers, maintenance, repair, and overhaul companies, aircraft and component part manufacturers, ground handling companies and freight forwarders, airports, international medical, security, and travel safety organizations, and other aviation service providers.
Brittany is involved in all phases of litigation from inception through trial and appeal. She has argued substantive and dispositive motions across the country and assisted in a number of jury trials. She has been involved with immediate response teams and preservation efforts for aircraft related incidents. In addition to aviation, Brittany has experience in eminent domain and land use, financial service matters, government and regulatory affairs work, and internal investigations, ethics and compliance matters, professional liability, and medical device matters.
Brittany has authored numerous articles for Law360, the Legal Intelligencer – the oldest daily law journal published in the United States, the Air & Transportation Law Reporter of the International Air & Transportation Safety Bar Association, the Third Circuit Bar Association, as well as for the American Health Lawyers Association and the American Gastroenterological Association. She was also a contributing author to the American Society for Health Care Risk Management’s Risk Management Handbook for Healthcare Organizations. Additionally, Brittany worked on a case file and teaching manual for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy.
Brittany has been selected as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star each year since 2017, an honor reserved for less than 2.5% of the attorneys in Pennsylvania. She has been named in the Best Lawyers in America Ones to Watch for Products Liability Litigation since 2021, is a founding member of Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law American Inn of Court, and has taught upper level writing and served as a trial team coach at the law school. Brittany also serves as an arbitrator for Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County’s Compulsory Arbitration Program.
- International Aviation Womens Association, Member; Americas Government and Law Committee, Member; Americas Finance and Insurance Committee, Member
- Law360’s Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Editorial Board, Member
- Forum of Executive Women Mentorship Program, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- American Bar Association, Member; Aviation and Space Law Committee, Member; TIPS Aviation Litigation Conference, Planning Committee Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law American Inn of Court
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America Ones to Watch for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2021-23*
- Listed in “Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars,” 2017-2022*
- Listed in Lawyer Monthly – Women in the Law Aviation & Maritime Lawyer of the Year, 2021*
- Law school awards include: James J. Manderino Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, presented by the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, and Marshall Brennan Award for Excellence in Teaching and Community Service
- Phi Beta Kappa, member
- Represented a national airline in multidistrict and state litigation arising from a mid-air engine failure and depressurization.
- Represented an aviation company specializing in maintenance, repair, and operations services in multiple actions alleging the improper performance of maintenance and repair on business jet airframes.
- Represented a ground handling organization providing global cargo forwarding services in litigation arising from a chemical spill.
- Represented national into-plane service provider and fuel storage facility operator in multiple motor vehicle accident claims.
- Represented international cargo airline in litigation arising from personal injury claims in the cargo warehouse.
- Represented international medical, security, and travel safety support organization in litigation arising from in-flight medical assistance.
- Represented global aviation services company specializing in aviation support in personal injury and damage to aircraft claims.
- Represented an international airport facility management provider in multiple personal injury litigation claims.
- Served as a Title IX Decision-Maker and issued final written determinations in accordance with Title IX regulations for higher education institution for multiple Title IX Formal Complaints.
Government and Regulatory Affairs
- Represented government municipality in defending an Eminent Domain dispute alleging a de facto condemnation of property in connection with proceedings to value the property following a de jure condemnation.
Financial Services Litigation
- Represented a real estate investment trust in a commercial landlord-tenant action to collect delinquent rent and charges due under a commercial lease.
- Represented a private franchise owner in a breach of contract action for back-pay from a former employee.
- Represented a mortgage insurer in an action instituted by a loan servicer involving the challenged disposition of over 7,000 mortgage insurance claims in the aftermath of the housing collapse.
- Represented an automobile manufacturer in a products liability action involving the transport of various auto parts.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in products liability action for multinational automotive corporation resulting in over half a million in damages awarded at trial.
Community & Pro Bono
Brittany’s community and pro bono focus is on youth, access to justice, and civil rights. She has handled federal civil rights cases on behalf of prisoner’s lack of access to adequate medical care and has assisted with the defense of an atheist group’s First Amendment rights to free speech.
Brittany volunteers in the community with the Special Olympics, Habitat for Humanity, MANNA, and TEAM Coalition to promote alcohol safety and awareness. Brittany also serves on the membership committee of the Racquet Club of Philadelphia.
Pro Bono Matters
- Represented an individual in an Eighth Amendment, federal civil rights case regarding failure to provide adequate medical care.
- Assisted in the representation of an atheist group in a free speech case against a county transit system whose advertisement restrictions violated the First Amendment.
- MANNA – Metropolitan Area Neighborhood Nutrition Alliance, Volunteer
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Special Olympics, Volunteer
- TEAM Coalition, Volunteer
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Gala Committee
- Racquet Club of Philadelphia, Member, Membership Committee
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Boston University, B.A., Economics, with distinction, Phi Betta Kappa, summa cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas